Re: Hummingbird Transducer; Nicro Solar Vent

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:48:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/99 11:19:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Richard.Dickerson@TTMC.TTUHSC.EDU writes:

> I have a Nicro Corp Solar vent that is not working. It came with the boat.
> How do I remove it so that I can check it out?

Hi Richard,

With my 3" Nico "Solar 2000 Night and Day", I just lift the fan out of the
flange in the foredeck. The deck fitting is the standard 3" flange by Nico.
It's exactly the same as the fitting for the rubber cowl that comes standard
on most P19's. In extremely bad conditions, I can easily lift out the fan
and pop in a flat disk to seal it off completely

I have heard that the battery is good for 2-3 years and then you have to
replace them. But before you replace it , check to see that the contacts are
clean and mated well, and put the unit under direct light. They're VERY
quiet when operating, and unless you put your ear right on the unit or look
at it from the underside, you may not even be able to tell it's running.

Best,
Judy