Re: outboard motor problems-Depend on a Seagull????

TillyLucy@aol.com
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:40:58 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/99 8:14:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time, GSTahoe@aol.com
writes:

> These statements sound just a wee bit contradictory to me. Another aspect
> of
> the Seagull, other than owners can espouse about how dependable they are,
> even when they're not running, is that they are incredibly damaging to the
> environment. Not only the oil and gas they discharge into the water, but
the

As noisy is the Seagulls are, I find it hard to believe that they use an
in-water exhaust.

Although I have no complaints to voice regarding the Mercury 2.2 (same as
Tohatsu, Nissan, etc.) that came with my boat, I plan on replacing it, when
the time comes, with a four stroke for all the reasons you mentioned.
Hopefully, by then, our friends at Honda will not "own" the market and we
will find four strokes priced more competitvely.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632 Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA