RE: re: night lights

Rick Snide (Rick@RevolutionSoftware.com)
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 13:57:09 -0400

Paraphrasing both Chapman Piloting and Annapolis Book of Seamanship: Boats
smaller than 23 feet under oars or sail must be prepared to show a white
light if not carrying navigation lights. Chapman indicates that this you
need only a flashlight or lantern. Obviously, more lights = more safety,
however CG regulation do not require them.

-----Original Message-----
From: ALS369@aol.com [mailto:ALS369@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 1999 9:32 PM
To: WWPOTTER@tscnet.com
Subject: re: re: night lights

Richard, really appreciate the fast response. Hope to visit the
local E B Marine Store first thing in the morning. Sounds like
something do-able in a few hours, and then hit the water.

Another question Richard, or anyone else:

My Potter has the red and green running lights but no stern light.
Would you briefly explain the USCG regulations, do I need both the stern
light and a masthead light. I a stern light is mounted how are the main
sheet lines running from the stern traveller kept from tangling?