Re: Of Batteries and Chargers

Dennis W. Farrell (dfarrell@ridgecrest.ca.us)
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 07:00:46 -0700

Rob: you might be interested on one persons thoughts on the subject for his
ComPac. Look at
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Forest/2727/
under "Electric Requirements"

-- dwf

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Pettibone <rjpett@fwi.com>
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com <wwpotter@tscnet.com>
Date: Thursday, July 08, 1999 05:39
Subject: Of Batteries and Chargers

I'm curious what size batteries and onboard charging systems P-19 owners are
using while cruising off shore for 2-3 days? I've seen recommendations
anywhere from 1.5 to 4 times the Ah need. I've estimated my daily Ah need
at 50.

Also, what type of onboard charging systems are people using? Is anyone
using the charger option for the Nissan 5 h.p. motor? If so, how long are
you running the motor to recharge? I've looked at solar and wind chargers
but I'm concerned about their ability to always meet demand.

Rob Pettibone
Impatiently waiting for P-19 to arrive.