Re: New Potter Needs Help

Ted Duke (tedduke@usa.net)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 19:52:50 -0400

Bruce,

Not disagreeing with you, except that I find it tends to
wobble when part way up and I would hate to bust something. I
would recommend that anyone who is not too sure or too agile
to try it my way and that way if it doesn't go well your
helper can put slight pressure on the line and hold it while
you resteady yourself.

I tried it your way once. I am 62, 5' 7", 170# and only
slightly co-ordinated. <G> Besides I have been known to fall
down clutching my back when I twist the wrong way. <Xg> The
time I tried it a stay hung up and I almost ended up on my
head in the cockpit. OTOH, my son who is much younger and
pushing 6 ft can pick it up and walk up onto the cabin roof.

Ted