FW: Motor Mount Advice Please !!

Mike Canova (mcanova@prodigy.net)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:36:38 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BECE27.CF55B6A0

I sent the following message to Michele without copying the group.

Since I sent it, Richard Karam offered some excellent advice about extending
the mount upward. I'm going to try it.

But I wonder if extending the mount upward will raise the motor out of the
water too high. The Potter seems to have a problem in that you normally try
to position the cavitation plate even with the bottom of the boat. But on a
properly trimmed Potter, isn't the bottom of the boat even with/or above the
water line?

Mike Canova
P15, #1830
Richmond, VA

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Canova [mailto:mcanova@prodigy.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 1999 4:37 PM
To: Michele Sladko
Subject: RE: Motor Mount Advice Please !!

Michele,
I have the same problem. I installed a Garelick fixed mount, and can not
tilt my Sears 3.5 motor. It hits the the transom. And even if it did not,
the motor floods when tilted.

I had a Garelick adjustable bracket on a previous boat, and I wish I had
installed one on my Potter. It adjusts up and down, and also adjusts for
angle. It's nice to be able to keep the motor high in shallow water, and
deeper in rough water. The only problem is that the motor get's tangled up
in the lines when in the up position. Definitely the best way to go. About
$129 in Boat US.

If you find a better way, let me know.

Mike Canova
Richmond, VA