Fwd: The Lake Tahoe Invasion of Cute Little Boats

GSTahoe@aol.com
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:15:25 EDT

--part1_d0d6bc7e.24d71e1d_boundary

From: GSTahoe@aol.com
Full-name: GSTahoe
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:14:36 EDT
Subject: Re: The Lake Tahoe Invasion of Cute Little Boats
To: drickert@thegrid.net

drickert@thegrid.net writes:

<< What does a slip cost
approx? We may want one. Also it has been 25 years since I was at Tahoe,
what eating places are close to Emerald Bay? We have no cooking setup on
board and I don't want to add one now. See ya soon. >>

Hi, Dan--

Regarding the costs, please check your E-mail a little later this afternoon
and I will repost a synopsis of our general plans along with costs. As far as
eating at Emerald Bay, there is nothing close. It is wilderness. The
campground we are staying at is accessible only by boat. There is no road in
there.

You can do one of several things. You will only need snacks for the way
over, dinner for Saturday night and your Sunday breakfast. You can take a
cooler and sandwiches for dinner. You could also spring for a small single
burner propane camp stove ($15, approx.) and fix something simple such as a
dehydrated backpacking dinner. These dinners are excellent now. You can get
casseroles, vegetables, desserts and all sorts of good meals, all dehydrated
in a foil envelope. Available at sporting goods stores that carry
backpacking stuff. Some folks just heat up canned stews, beans, etc.,
although this is not my idea of mountain cuisine. Don't let meals become too
important. The experience is one of a lifetime. We'll be having a nice
dinner Friday evening. You can have a big elaborate meal when you get back
home. As long as you have enough food to keep you comfortable, you'll be
fine.

If you don't want to get a little stove, which I find is a nice item to keep
aboard anyway, you can borrow one. You would be welcome to borrow mine as
soon as I'm done heating my dinner. Same thing for coffee in the morning.
I'm sure others would do the same. It's no big deal.

See ya' soon.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV