Operating a P-15 from the cockpit - Anchor antics!

SolarFry@aol.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:47:31 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/99 11:53:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard.Dickerson@TTMC.TTUHSC.EDU writes:

<< As can be seen by my earlier post, I am in total agreement with SF.
However, my anchor is stowed in a 2" piece of pipe lashed to the stern rail
(upside down of course). The rode is kept in a mesh bag with the bitter end
pushed through a hole and attached to a cleat. To deploy, simply drop. The
rode unflakes from the bag without tangling and you cleat it off at the
right length. Retrieval is simple as well, push the rode back into the bag.
The mesh allows the rode to dry without mildewing and keeps the cockpit
neat.

Richard