Re: WWP-19 Outboard Motors

Tim Spofford (tims@spof.org)
Sun, 08 Aug 1999 14:43:17 -0700

>At 01:14 PM 08/08/1999 -0700, you wrote to Tim Spofford:
>
>What's the big deal about taking the motor off and stowing it somewhere
>else where it is less likely to get harmed or cause harm?

I couldn't say, Ken, since that's what I do - as you'd have seen if you
read the whole thread. My questions were about balancing the trailer load
and were only incidentally about motors (the subject line notwithstanding).

OTOH, I *can* see where it would be desirable to be able to put, or leave,
the motor on the boat to drive the mile down the road to the ramp instead
of transferring it for that short a distance. I also can see circumstances
where available storage space might be limited. It doesn't seem
particularly desirable to stow it below decks - though practially speaking
there may be nothing wrong with it - and if I've got three other people in
my car with their gear there's not going to be room for the motor in the
rear compartment, where I normally carry it. So "the big deal" might be a
simply a matter of exploring options to address various circumstances
people might encounter.

Tim Spofford Kirkland, Washington
tims@spof.org http://spof.org