Re: P-15 rigging

GSTahoe@aol.com
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 06:54:49 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/99 12:10:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Susowen@aol.com
writes:

> The boom on my Potter ends with a metal cap held on by two tiny side screws.
> Mounted on that cap is a fixed metal "U" with a small removeable tiny rod
> across the open paert of the "u" that faces the mast. There was another
part
> attached that joined the U to the sail and also somehow to the mast. As I
> recall the boom was really joined more to the sail than the mast.

Susan,

This is just a guess, since it sounds as though your P15 is different from my
seven year old P-15. It sounds to me as though the device you are referring
to is a reefing hook designed to attach to a grommet on the sail. I could
certainly be wrong, but does this make any sense?

As for the cork, if you'd like a classier cockpit plug, use a cork from
Harvey's Bristol Creme. It has a cool cap on the end and looks pretty
classy!

When I got my Potter I looked high and low to find a real drain plug. I
never could find one that size. The cork fits fine and works fine. There are
many who use two, one inside the cockpit and one outside, just to be sure.
It may not look totally classy, but it works and replacement corks are easy
to come by.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV