Re: P19 Lapper sheets

GSTahoe@aol.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:48:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/99 10:54:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
WILLIAM?TRSERVER@tirerack.com writes:

> So you can have the best of both setups. Any other ideas for
> better pointing setup without losing the other points of sail

FWIW - On my P-15 I have found that in light winds when I know that I am
going to have to be as hard on the wind as possible, I will run the sheets
inside the shrouds. If the wind is decent, I'll run them outside, to prevent
the problems you've mentioned. If I find that I've rigged with the sheets
inside and it becomes a pain, it's not a big deal to change them underway.
Again, this is on a P-15 where I can reroute the sheets while standing on the
centerboard trunk in the cockpit. I don't know if it would be that simple on
a 19.

With the Genoa, I always route the sheets outside or I would not be able to
sail at any point of sail other than a close beam reach.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV