Re: P19 Lapper sheets

GSTahoe@aol.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:25:04 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/99 2:25:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, hapilife@efn.org
writes:

> Mostly I'm just trying to understand your story. So, was your point of
> sail a close reach, a beam reach or close hauled ?

Oh, Boy! I sure goofed here. What I meant was close hauled. The point
being that if you are using a Genoa and you run the sheets inside the
shrouds, the only point of sail you can sail efficiently is close hauled.
Otherwise the sail shape will be distorted by the shrouds, not to mention the
wear and tear of the sail pressing against the shrouds. I was responding to
folks who said they always run their sheets inside the shrouds so they can
point higher.

OK, I wish I'd kept my keyboard (read: mouth) shut.

Just get in your boat and sail it Geoff!

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV