Re: [ecpa] Tongue Weight

Ted Duke (tedduke@usa.net)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:57:03 -0400

Frank and gang,

OOPS, I'm not a physicist and don't even know one anymore, and I
may be WRONG,( I was wrong once when I thought I was wrong and
was actually right! <BG>).

However, I fail to see how making the tongue longer will lower
tongue weight. I would surmise that tongue weight is the amount
of weight in front of the axle that exceeds the weight in the
back of the axle. Extending the tongue length would only
increase tongue weight by the amount of the metal added forward
of the axle.

Am I missing something? Engineers please correct me! I have
been considering extending the tongue on my trailer about 3 feet
just to get the boat in the water further at the ramp.

(This should start a thread that exceeds the JUDY B> towing
thread <VBG>!)

Ted Duke
WWPs19 #626 The Duchess
Mountains of Virginia