Re: Keel Trunk Leakage - Plumber's Putty?

Scott F (sfoshee@yahoo.com)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:16:52 -0700 (PDT)

I wonder if Plumber's Putty around the lip would help
to make a seal. This putty, claylike in consistency,
is what plumbers seat drains with. Repeated raising
and lowering of the keel might take a toll, however,
causing the putty to break apart and crumble. Maybe
it would be an option for long trips where the keel
stays down. Just a thought. I happen to have some on
hand here because I am fixing to put the new drain in
Kidogo's sink.

- Scott Foshee
P19 Kidogo #380
Charleston, SC