Re: Satcom Saves Sailors

hlg@pacbell.net
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:39:15 -0700

I didn't know much about it, but just found the following on the Magellan
web page at <http://magellangps.com/wireless/satcom.htm>:
ORBCOMM SERVICE PRICING
To activate a GSC 100 unit in the United States or Canada, users pay a
one-time activation fee of $49.95. There is a monthly access charge of
$29.95, which includes 10 messages of up to 500 characters per
message and 30 message checks.

It's apparently e-mail, not voice. The GSC 100 unit costs a measly $1250.

Harry