Re: P19 Anchor roller mount and chainpipe mods?

George Sweet (georges@carol.net)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:44:32 -0400

Hey Judy,
For what its worth, I (on the cheap) took a spare Deck plate that the
ventilator fits into and with PVC glue, glued in a piece (3-4") of PVC pipe.
I then took a properly sized cap for the pipe and ground out a U shaped
notch on it's bottom edge. I then ground out an identical notch on the top
edge of the pipe. On the inside top of the cap I screwed in a brass cup
hook (with a springy metal piece that makes captive whatever you hook) and
filed flat the portion of screw that protruded through the top and dabbed it
with a little dab of gel-coat repair to cover the spot. What you get is ::
a covered hose pipe that holds the end of the rode so it does not fall into
the locker and on popping off the cap it delivers the rode end into your
hand. After deploying your anchor replace the cap with the U'holes offset
and it seals the hole from water by squeezing down on the rope. If you need
to close it up with chain sticking out , align the U'holes for a larger
aperture. Rotate the deck plate to point the outlet wherever you desire.
Pop the whole deck plate and replace with the ventilator for ventilation.
The PVC pipe has held up beyond my wildest expectations. Total cost for PVC
stuff about 79cents - spare deck plate under five bucks.
George Sweet
P-19 Sea Dove
Greenville SC