Re: Ballast

GSTahoe@aol.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:00:49 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/99 1:41:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, uffda@sonic.net
writes:

> The only problems I can see, is that
> you are now pushing another 180 lbs of water out of the way, and all that
> weight could end up in the wrong place if your boat does tip too far.

Not to mention the affect on the speed and performance of the boat. Granted,
the boat is not a race boat, but sailing is a lot more fun if you're getting
some performance out of your boat. Ever consider a keel extension that would
increase the size of your keel to 12 feet and a lead bulb at the bottom of
about 200 pounds. You may not go anywhere, but you'd never have any heel
getting there!

The individuals that are so concerned about the stability of the P-15 would
be a lot better off just learning how to sail the boat properly and using
common sense while aboard to keep from pulling the boat over. I mean, you
have to really try to tip a Potter!

I have been a ski instructor for about 30 years. I cannot tell you how many
times a student, when having difficulty, be it on hard, icy snow or deep
powder, will exclaim, "These damn skis!" Hate ta tell ya' bunky, it ain't
the skis.

And it ain't the boat.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop