Fwd: MONTEREY BAY SAIL UP-DATE

larry steffen (lsteffen@webtv.net)
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 07:35:15 -0700 (PDT)

--WebTV-Mail-25210-3641

From: lsteffen@webtv.net (larry steffen)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
To: wwpotter-d-request@tscnet.com
Subject: MONTEREY BAY SAIL UP-DATE

Howdy Skippers!

The Monterey Bay sail this Labor Day weekend is shaping up great!!

At this time, six 19's have confirmed (SAMPAN, REDWING, PASSING WIND,
SUNSHINE, RIPTIDE, YUUKI) and one 15 (AILLTE).

Perfecto weather is predicted with light to moderate winds and nights
are in mid-fiftys.

We will have a spare spinaker for anyone to try
if you have an 8' wisker pole, eye on your mast and two 15' sheets! Bow
hammocks are being prepared now and are free to each boat that arrives!
Hammock boarding lessons will be given but skippers must try it first!
Cameras and swim fins are suggested!

Saturday afternoon we will be sailing on the bay but call any of the
above boats on VHF Channel 16 (switch to answer on 68) if you get
launched after 1:00 PM and we will answer back from out on the bay! We
will monitor VHF Ch. 16.

The water has been crystal clear so bring your anchor, snorkles and wet
suits!

THERE IS A GREAT BICYCLE PATH from our dock to the Aquarium and beyond
to Pacific Grove which is lighted for night riding too! Toss your bikes
in your boat, or rent bikes (or 4-person quads) near the docks for some
extra fun! Fishermans wharf is great at night too!

All restaurants are nearby with great selections!
A Sunday AM "health walk" up to a neat French bakery for pastries (does
that make sense?) and neat downtown spots will raise the hunger levels
too!

I will be at the Harbor Masters launch ramp watching for you Sat. AM up
to 1:00 to help you launch and show you to our nearby berths.

If you need 110 volt power or wter hook-ups, each berth has it. You
will receive a free shower key - bathrooms are excellent and clean!

FAIR WINDS TO ALL - SEE YOU ON SATURDAY! IF QUESTIONS, CALL ME AT
(831) 633-2274 AFTER 4:00 THURS. OR FRI.

WISH YOU EAST COASTERS COULD JOIN US LARS AND BILL COMB!!

Larry Steffen
YUUKI HMS 18 (#35)

--WebTV-Mail-25210-3641--