Re: Private vs Public Responses

RSKARAM@aol.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:29:50 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/99 3:53:32 AM, lbaum@preferred.com writes:

<< Dennis Farrell wrote:
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>It's very tempting and easy to just drop a quiet personal note in response
>to a posted question. Avoids a lot of potential hassle and discussion for
>which we often don't feel we have time. I've received comments from others
>that lead me to believe that it's happening with increasing frequency.

I must confess I am guilty of doing this, but it's not because I'm scared of
being flamed, I'm just a little self-consious in the presence of you "old
salts," a little afraid of saying something real dumb. I suspect this is
the case with many others. Anybody else feel this way?

Lewis Baumstark
P15
Bristol, Tn. >>

I feel like Lewis Baumstark. I often answer directly. Sometimes I answer to
the entire Web gang as I'm doing now.

It is a free country and I do as I feel at the moment on these decisions that
lack much momentous effect on the world.

When you want to share your thoughts with me privately, I appreciate it.
When you share your thoughts with me publicly through the Web Gang, I also
appreciate it.

If someone is not comfortable making his comments heard through the entire
group, I don't want to insist on his being uncomfortable. We all appreciate
what we get, even Geoff's weird jokes.

Richard S. Karam
P-15 #2098 Oops
Oklahoma City