Re: P-15 towing requirements?

Mark (apresvous@pobox.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:16:02 -0700

Harry,

I have a 1994 long wheel base Aerostar with the tow package and the
4-Liter engine. I've used it to tow a tent trailer with a weight of
about 2200 pounds and later a 17' travel trailer that weighs about 4000
pounds. The tent trailer was easy. I wouldn't hesitate to go anywhere
with it. The travel trailer was harder. I towed it over I-80 ONCE to
Reno on a dry run. I wouldn't go into the mountains again with that
much load. It handled it OK, but it was a real chore for the van, and I
like to get as much life out of my vehicles as possible.

The Aerostar is a good rig. If you can get one with the sleeper seats
option in the back, it's great for camping. I get 18 to 22 mpg on the
highway, depending on how much of a hurry I'm in.

By the way, I'm only checking my mail Friday's thru Sunday's now, at
least until I get my laptop fixed.

Take care,
Mark
P-14 #202 "Apres Vous"