Re: P-15 towing requirements?

Ted Duke (tedduke@usa.net)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:28:25 -0400

Gang,

I must comment on Aerostars. I bought a 1987 with 16k miles on
it. Had a rash of transmission problems (which the warranyy and
dealer took care of) in the 125k range. I drove it until it had
235k (that's 235,000) miles on it. Then decided it was so old
(but still running great) that I had better get something with
less miles on it. My son bought it for $2000 (with 4 almost new
Aquatreads on it) for his wife to drive to work.

Now has about 190k on it with another trans rebuilt, BUT the
ORIGINAL engine with only a new headgasket. I bought a 1990,
but didn't like the seats and traded it away. And your POINT
IS? (as the kids say nowadays). Great van, can't believe it's
still ticking. 21 MPG with as much sales rep samples as I could
stuff in it, and in those days I was pushing up the interstate
at 74 mph. (I'm the guy blocking traffic now driving the speed
limit). It was a tad slow up a long mountain. Should be great
for towing a P14/15. An that was the older smaller engine
version.

Personally, I like my Ford F150 for towing the P19.

No, I do NOT own stock in Ford, nor am I being paid for this
testimonial; YES, I will take a check from Ford if they send it
for using this. A penny a mile for the first 235,000 would be
okay! <BG>

Ted Duke
WWPs19 #626 The Duchess

Off to the Rappahanock River tomorrow to test out the new CDI
installation.