Re: Autopilot on P19?

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 01:35:31 EDT

Thanks Bill!

Igot the TillerPilot today and took a quick look at it on the boat. It would
indeed be much easier to do the installation with the bracket mounted under
the tiller than trying to install it with the piston attached to the topside
of the tiller. In order to install it on the top of the tiller, I'd have to
have it several inches above the coaming. That would necessitate building a
block to raise it up.

Of course, my tiller (!!) may not be at all like your in terms of drop. It's
several inches lower and 6 inches longer than the ones IM is putting on the
boats these days.

I'm happy to hear that knees and the mainsheet aren't a problem with the
bracket under the tiller. That gives me more options. I'll be waiting to
hear your measurements.

The critical measurement seems to be installing it 18" forward of the
pintles. Is that the measurement you changed?

Judy B