RE: Renaming Boat and great children's books

Eric Johnson (etj@nwlink.com)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:43:44 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BF08FF.14DD66C0

www.48north.com has the renaming ceremony...
-----Original Message-----
From: William R Purcell II [mailto:purcellwilldeanlaw@carolina.net]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 3:20 PM
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com
Subject: Renaming Boat and great children's books

Never got around to putting the name on Ri-Ra our 85 P-19, so now the
Irish Gaelic(and favorite pub) has been usurped by my kids favorite
fictional character--Harry Potter. I think we will just call her Harry. No
kidding. Great books and just happen to be the top three on the NY times
list. Not about sailing, but for those with kids or grandkids I highly
recomend them. We read them as a family and my wife enjoys them as much as
the 1st and 4th grader.
So as we unchristen/rechristen is there any special ritual to
avoid bad luck? I remember from Hornblower that all of the captured boats
were renamed-should we pretend that Ri-Ra was captured by the Birtish or
maybe by the kids? :)
thanks for all of the well wishes for floyd--they obviously helped
us, it skirted right by although until late the night before it was
predicted to hit us head on. No sailing for now. Our favorite water hole
is closed due to flooding. That sounds absurd but that is the scope of the
disaster that has hit eastern NC.
Bill Purcell
Laurinburg, NC
"Harry", if its not bad luck to change a name

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BF08FF.14DD66C0

www.48north.com has the renaming=20 ceremony...