Re: What happens if P15 gets flooded?

Terry Rausch (blugrass@primenet.com)
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 08:02:05 -0500

Hi Oskari,
I'm not an official Potter, but I just got one recently.

I think this picture shows a boat that has a hole poked through it's bottom.
If this happens the water will only flood available areas until the new
level of displacment is equalized. If you took a common ice tray and set it
afloat with holes in two or three compartments it would still ride pretty
high in the water. This is not the same as taking on green water from the
topsides. If every compartment in the boat was flooded it would ride much
lower. At this point the amount and location of flotation built in
determines whether or not she will be stable enough to stay right side up.

Terry Rausch
HMS 18 #23
(no name yet)
KC MO