Re: Taking my boat to IM tomorrow for CDI/Genoa or Lapper

Andrew Brown (agbrownn@yahoo.com)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:33:44 -0800 (PST)

Dave,
You must have been reading my mind. I ordered my
P15 yesterday and had meant to ask IM why there wasn't
a "lapper in-lieu of Jib" option.
Right or wrong I went with the CDI Furler. the
budget could handle it and I felt it better to get it
now than mess with sail modifications later. I also
opted to get the Genoa track installed assuming that
down the road I'll add a Genoa.
I started thinking this morning that if I can Furl
the Genoa why do I need a Jib in the first place. I'd
just logged in to throw that question out to the
experts when I read your reply below.
So, if I get the Genoa, can I get away without the
Jib. If yes or probably, and since I'm ordering new
should I try and get a "Genoa in-lieu of Jib" from IM?
The Potter should roll in pretty darn close to
Christmas!

Regards, Andy

=====