Re: Concrete by centerboard

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:18:15 -0800

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 12:57:32AM -0500, TillyLucy@aol.com wrote:
>If you'd like details on removing the centerboard, email me privately, the
>story has been told so many times on the list I'm sure most folks are sick of
>it.

It's probably in the archives: http://potter-yachters.org/archive

By the way, Dave -- looking at the pictures of the SCA event now on
the web site, I notice that your boat seems to heel significantly
more than the other potters. This would explain why you were able
to go faster in the light winds, because you were heeled over a
little further, and thus your windward chine would more likely be
out of the water. ;-)

I know you calculated the righting moment for your radar dome, but
did you calculate the heeling moment as a function of cross-wind
velocity?

Kent