Re: Concrete by centerboard

Ron Force (rforce@moscow.com)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:10:08 -0800

John Purdy wrote:

<snip>Secondly, I noticed the center board appears to have been painted white
in
>the past. Now it's mostly coarse rusty surface. I read on a web site
>recently that someone had cleaned their 30 year old center board that was
>galvanized. My P-15 is an '82 , apparently a demo boat in '82 and '83 for
>a dealership that used to be here in the Portland Oregon area. Did they
>not galvanize the center board that year ?

Mine is an '82 and has a galvanized centerboard. I suspect that a previous
owner probably painted yours after the galvanizing wore or rusted off--
probably used in salt water at some point.

--
Ron Force    rforce@moscow.com
Moscow, Idaho  P15 1195