Re: Rub Rails

hlg@pacbell.net
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:13:49 -0800

But Manatee has a black vinyl rubrail, and wasn't that a white Tilly Lucy
rafted up to Manatee at Alameda? Actually Manatee has a black rail with a
3-strand rope insert so the rope takes most of the abrasion and can be
replaced if it ever gets worn out. The rubrail I used is designed to accept
either a vinyl or rope insert.

Does black vinyl rub off and make marks? I'll have to check. Or perhaps
you speak from experience. I hope the seacow's rail didn't mess up Tilly's
beautiful hull.

Harry

PS: As it looks now, I can sail Friday, Saturday, or Sunday - whatever
works for you. Happy Thanksgiving!