RE: Trying to find a boat. (fwd)

Tim Spofford (tims@spof.org)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:34:09 -0800

At 02:17 PM 12/16/1999 -0800, you wrote:

>said he thought that was at least possible. . .so I went out to Kenmore
>yesterday noon (wednesday, wind and more wind and rain and some heavy mist
>among the showers and occasional deluges. . .in the wind, but otherwise a
>nice day) and patted the boat on the head. .

I know of another P15 in the same area - just a couple of miles away
(Kirkland, Washingon) - that is a lot more neglected than this one. I've
not done a close inspection but the gelcoat and basic structure look to be
fine. The trailer is almost certainly shot. I have no idea about spars,
rigging, or canvas. I knocked on the owner's door a year or so ago and put
out some feelers but left it in his ballpark and he didn't call. I drove
by a week or so ago and it hasn't been touched since my earlier visit. I
have no definite information but expect it could be got for a song,
especially if the "song" is green in color.

If anyone would like to pursue it, let me know.

Tim Spofford Kirkland, Washington
tims@spof.org http://spof.org