Re: Oarlocks for a P-15

Bill Blohm (bblohm@hpbs1686.boi.hp.com)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:11:53 -0700

Judy,

After I sent the first reply to this, I got to thinking about
this part of your reply. I'd almost be willing to bet that the
oars would be every bit as effective a rudder, if not more so.
You'd have the blade way back, and I think the physics of it
would indicate a better rudder than the original? More leverage
against the water or some such? I know that if I stick the
paddle out to the side of the canoe, it turns, but if I lean
back and stick the paddle out behind and turn that way, it will
respond much more readily.

Bill B.
P-19 #454, Dream Catcher
Nampa, ID