Re: Alternative Rowing Setup

hlg@pacbell.net
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 08:42:34 -0800

Mike:

My P14 has a bow pulpit, and I've never had any problem using a whisker
pole to wing out the jib or genoa. The foot of the genoa may touch the
pulpit, as on most boats, but the pole doesn't. I recommend a bow pulpit
but have never found a need for the side rails on my boat. The swept back
cabin sides on the early Potters like mine provide some side enclosure of
the cockpit, which may be why I haven't felt the need for side rails.

Harry
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA