South Bay Sail?

TillyLucy@aol.com
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 23:24:04 EST

In a message dated 12/26/99 6:15:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ChrisSayer@StratfordGroup.com writes:

> Any Potters planning on being on the Bay this week? I'm looking at Wed in
> Redwood City myself. Love to hear plans of others.

I'd love to go on Wednesday if you are looking for company. I took my brother
and his 16 yr. old son out today at Redwood City and it was a nice time. It
was dead calm until about 11 AM , then a little breeze came up and we had one
of those "easy going" sails that's great for beginners. It's hard to believe
how warm and sunny it is considering it's the end of December.

We used Harry's Mk. 1 Genoa since the winds were so light. It was great off
the wind but I can't get the boat to go to windward worth a damn with the
genny. As I sheet in the genoa it looks like it backwinds the main - There's
no weather helm and the leeway (judging by our wake) is terrible. Can I get
some advice from someone experienced with the P-15 genoa?

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632 Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto,CA