Re: South Bay Sail?

hlg@pacbell.net
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:31:19 -0800

Dave and Chris:

Sounds good! Mind if I join you Wednesday? Hope the mild weather sticks
around for a while.

I don't recall having that problem with the genoa, but I've used it rarely,
and it's been a while. The genoa sheets should be outside the shrouds. Then
the sheet lead may need to be adjusted fore and aft to prevent the
backwinding. If you look closely at photo
<http://potter-yachters.org/sails/19991106/manateelaunched.jpg> you can see
the location of the genoa track, just aft of the companionway bulkhead.
It's located according to the instructions that Herb Orford gave me when I
bought the genoa, and seems to work okay. The forward end of the track is 5
ft forward of the transom. The track is 15 inches long. I move the block
fore and aft along the track according to the wind strength.

I seem to remember Jerry saying the P15 doesn't point as well with the genoa.

Harry