Re: Transducer help

Scott F (sfoshee@yahoo.com)
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 06:03:01 -0800 (PST)

On my P-19, I mounted the transducer with West epoxy
(slow set - you have to make sure all the bubbles get
out) inside the storage compartment under the
starboard quarter berth. I put it as far forward and
as close to the centerline as I could within the
compartment and still have a relatively level mounting
surface. I ran the cord up through the existing
opening under the cushion there and up the starboard
inner hull with sticky backed cable ties. It worked
great - and I did not have to put in any unnecessary
holes. Be careful with the epoxy and follow all
directions (twist the transducer slowly back and forth
as you place it in the epoxy to help squeeze out the
bubbles). Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

- Scott
Charleston, SC