Re: [Fwd: Virus Alert - VBS_TUNE - A FAST SPREADING WORM]

Lars S. Mulford (mulford@bellatlantic.net)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:30:40 -0500

Robin Miller wrote:

> > Subject: Virus Alert - VBS_TUNE - A FAST SPREADING WORM
>
> Why am I getting this on a West Wight Potter e-mail list? Aren't there
> enough other places where people who still use Windows instead of Linux (or
> Mac) can learn about the latest Windows and/or Outlook security breach?

Robin, East Coasties, Webgang:

Bob asked me if he could post this note to the ECPA listserv. I gladly said
yes. Bob works in the industry, and I for one am thankful that he takes the
time to post the REAL warnings to us, and not these hoaxes. The fact that Bob
posted it to the main Potter listserv, I think, was done out of courtesy and
concern for his fellow sailors, a large portion of which may not go surfing the
'net actively seeking the latest in virus information and related.

Thank you Bob. I appreciate your efforts.

--
"Sea" ya!

--Lars S. Mulford, President East Coast Potter Association (ECPA) Come visit us at http://members.tripod.com/~SpeedSailor s/v Always P15 #2125, lateen rig, sailing greater Chesapeake region "Forgive, and live. Life is worth the challenge of living." --LSSM "Love is good; Love hurts; Love sustains; Love remains." --LSSM