Center Board Cleat Problems

From: Christopher A. Chung (cchung@UH.EDU)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 07:48:47 PST

I moved the cb line into the cockpit by putting a round stainless steel
lined through deck through the small verticle lip above the bridge deck on
my P15. A fairlead was also necessary to make sure that the line went
through the through deck properly. The line is secured by an aluminum jam
cleat mounted on the bridge deck. I believe that some others have recycled
the original swivel cam cleat for this purpose. I chose a one piece
aluminum jam cleat since the cleat was most likely going to be stepped on
since it is mounted on the bridge deck and I use end boom sheeting.

Both the through deck and the jam cleat can be purchased at West Marine.
The cb line can now be easily released or pulled from the cockpit with or
without the hatch in place.

The down side is that the cb line is now permanently present in the cockpit,
which increases the line clutter. The cleat is also somewhat uncomfortable
if you happen to sit on it by accident.

C. Chung
P15, Guinea Pig II
1998, 23??