Bolger Micro

From: Brianv (Brianv@itl.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 14:21:49 PST

I am in my 20th year of saying "this year I am going to buy a boat"

Part of the day dream is that I will build it myself (It will probably
never happen but dreams are fun). The current thought process is building a
Bolger Micro, I looked at them 3 years ago and thought I could not own a
boat so ugly, at a second look ugliness had turned to "characterful", so I
am now tempted.

It is a bloody cheek I know, to ask a Potter community of their view of
other small boats but, I have noted the courtesy offered to other
non-Potter owners so would be grateful for any views that the community
may have on the Micro?.

My sailing will be done in Jersey (that is Old not New - the Channel Island
in the U.K.) here we have tides with a 40 ft range and tide flows of up to
8 knots, I am not looking for something for serious off-shore cruising but
would want to do occasional 20 mile trips to Guernsey or France and would
like a boat that is not going to cause me to much fear in say force 5-6
with 8-10 foot swell.

Brian Vickers

Jersey Channel Islands