Re: Adobe Acrobat READER is FREE from ADOBE

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 20:25:35 PST

>Using Acrobat seems to me like a needless step. Anyone who can use
>acrobat reader can use a web browser, and, while pdf allows more
>control over page format, html works pretty well.
>
>Kent

The Acrobat reader is free, but the Acrobat software to generate Acrobat
files is not. Adobe Pagemaker (newer versions than what I have) can also
generate Acrobat files

Acrobat is great for documents that are already formatted for hardcopy
printing. Anyone can read them and print them out using the free Acrobat
reader. It is not intended as a substitute for html for web pages.

Harry