Re: Headsail Changes on the P-15. . .singlehanded

From: happy life skills foundation (hapilife@efn.org)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 18:04:40 PST

Hi ken

when i go forward on My yellow potter 15 i go straight up the middle,
climb up over the hatch and sit on the cabin top. when hanking/unhanking
sails from headstay i hold the pulpit with one hand and assume the tripod
stance (down on one knee and one foot). i keep my weight centered side to
side. in higher winds i have thrown some of the heavier gear (water,
drybags with clothes, etc..) into the cockpit to try to balance the boat.
but really i have always felt pretty safe on the foredeck, even alone.
since you are sailing in the sound you might get a wete suit or something
tho...that is really cold water!
ken Silverman, p-15 "vegan lorax", sailing in the sometimes shoal waters
of lake washington