Re: Was: Headsail Changes on the P-15. . .singlehanded Now: Yacht Clubs

From: GSTahoe@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 17:09:37 PST

writes:

<< They are the only Yacht Club that
 doesn't have reciprocal privileges to other Yacht Clubs. And God Forbid a
 Trailer Sailor pull up to their dock. >>

Jerry,

SFYC does have reciprocal privileges with other yacht clubs, but it must be
negotiated and paid for. I also belong to the Crystal Bay Yacht Club,
besides the NCWWP club. Crystal Bay does have reciprocal privileges, but
Crystal Bay's dues are $75 a year and they have no newsletter per se, no web
page and most of the members don't know a scupper from a supper. I am not
re-upping next year.

I do know a few members of Crystal Bay YC who have used the ramp at SFYC, but
that's not enough benefit for me to attend stupid yachty club meetings where
people would rather not talk about boating. I am not exaggerating. I have
been at dinners where the discussion is basically community gossip and when I
tried to change the subject back to boating, I was pretty much cut out of the
conversation. It's too bad that all boating groups fall under the heading,
"Yacht Club." I don't think I've ever worn pressed white trousers, a shirt
with an alligator on it, white shoes and a yacht hat with a gold anchor on
the brim in order to take the boat out. If I do I hope you put me out of my
misery.

Geoff

P-15 Lollipop
Sail (hull?) number: 1961