Newsletter Editor for Potter Yachters

From: Dorcas Taylor (pydory@netscape.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 11:36:40 PST

Hello Potterers,

I don't get to involved with the comments on the web, nor in our Potter
Yachters club. I tend to stand back and observe. I have strong feelings
about the club and if I was too involved I possibly would act like it was "my"
club. After all, I am the last of the three founders of the club.

When I was Secretary/Treasurer not too long ago, we had less than 40% of the
membership that had access to the web. Greg Yu needs to check his data base
and bring the current figure to our meeting.

To all of you that commented on our need for a News Editor, thank you. All of
your comments will be considered at our annual meeting on the 16th.

There was one comment though, that needs a lot of thought. A web based
organization with a minimal dues structure to support all of the activities of
all of the Potterers. Great idea.

Not to many years ago, before the advent of the Potter web page, the Potter
Yachters provided that function. We had almost 300 members at one time, from
all over the U.S., Canada, and England. The tie, of course, was our club
newsletter.

If we could police ourselves, and keep all extraneous non-Potter, non-sailing,
non-whatevers off of the web page, there is no reason why that would not work.
 As it is, there is too much flotsam on it now.

We could post our sails and local events for the enjoyment of all. BUT, the
web DOES NOT reach all of the Potter owners.

I really would like feedback and opinions by Friday. (I do not have access to
the web at home. I steal time at work.) If there are any messages that come
in on Saturday, I hope that one of our members that comes to the meeting on
Sunday would print it out and bring it.

Thanks, and Pleasure Sailing

Dory Taylor
Founder, Potter Yachters