Newsletters, etc..

From: Lars S. Mulford (mulford@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 13:08:16 PST

East Coasties and Webgang:

I can only give the ECPA view on this, but our newsletter serves not
only to share and impart information, but it is a link that binds all
members. Our full membership (both active and non-active) is close to
94% online, but we will always have a newsletter that goes out. I
can't, at least not in the near future for us, see the newsletter being
strictly an online thing. There is something more impersonal about that
- something that I just don't care for. We are an organization that
absolutely prides itself on comradeship and genuine caring for each
other - when you have that, the sailing just seems a much more natural
extension of it..

Anyway, the newsletter carries with some "intangibles".. There is
something comforting about receiving it through the mail, being able to
read it at your leisure, no matter where you may be... In bed, in the
"facilities, at the table, whatever... You can't do that with your
computer and even a laptop could prove cumbersome in comparision.. (g)

I find this whole thread very fascinating and there have been things
brought up that I've noted with interest. But (and isn't there always a
but!) for us, the newsletter works just fine. It links us all here in
many ways other than the writ itself.

--
"Sea" ya!

--Lars S. Mulford, President East Coast Potter Association (ECPA) Come visit us at http://members.tripod.com/~SpeedSailor s/v Always P15 #2125, lateen rig, sailing greater Chesapeake region "Forgive, and live. Life is worth the challenge of living." --LSSM "Love is good; Love hurts; Love sustains; Love remains." --LSSM