Centerboard silencer

From: BrennanPM@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 07:54:12 PST

Bud,

I have had my P15 about six months and slept aboard her overnight with no
annoying noises from the centerboard. My Potter came with a hardwood wedge
about 1 1/2 inches wide and 8 inches long and about 1/4 inch thick at the fat
part (about the size of a shim shingle, for you carpenters out there). It is
tied with a short line to the fairlead for the centerboard line on top of the
trunk. The former owner advised me to jam it in the centerboard trunk
between the board the the trunk wall to keep the board from banging when tied
up or at anchor. Seems to work fine. Just don't forget to pull it out before
raising the board; if it drops down into the trunk it's a bear to get out.

Pat Brennan P15 #621 SF Bay