Foresail changes/Foredeck Antics

From: Rye Gewalt (ryeg@vais.net)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 12:52:58 PST

Eric Johnson wrote.....

For what its worth, when i couldn't scare up crew for races, I would
singehand, even flying the spinnaker. What i would do is tie a line to
the
tiller, wrap it around the mast, and tie the other end to the tiller
too.
Then, you can get on the foredeck, and by manipulating that line (often
in
my teeth) I could change headsails, set the spinnaker, whatever.

Hey Eric:

I think we would all enjoy a video of your antics on the foredeck with a
line in your teeth etc. I am sure that it will be more popular that the
now legendary ECPA video that is circulating.

Rye