My Sailing Dinghy

From: Gretchen Potter (gpotter@calinet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 09:36:49 PST

Hi All: Everyone has been overwhelmingly helpful regarding my desire to
build my own dinghy. Here is where things stand. I was getting discoraged
by all the talk about the Walker Bay and how I would get started and never
finish and how it would cost me a fortune in cost over runs and on and on
and on. But the bottom line is I want to do it because I want to "do" it.
The idea of sailing a boat I built myself is such a thrill I can hardly wait
to get started!

Last night at a church function I chatted with my friend Larry. I don't
know him as well as his wife but I remembered he was a former Potter owner
and now had a different boat. I mentioned my passion for building a dinghy
and he lit right up. As it turns out he has built several sail boats
including a dinghy and has a boat shop and everything. He has offered me
his shop and all the help I need to build my dinghy. I am thrilled! And
the neet thing is that I think he was almost as excited about helping me
with the project as I was about it. He has plans and all the epoxy and and
everything and has done several sitch and glue boats himself. I'll keep you
informed as we progress. Don't be suprised if pictures are included :-)

gretchen
"Sparrow" P19 #1121