Thoughts on the Walker Bay Dingy

From: Magico1@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 18:20:13 PST

   I have been looking at the Walker Bay Dingy for some time now, and I just
might buy one. I have a few questions, the specs. say It's 8feet 3 inches
long, does that mean it has to be registered? The hull material doesn't like
oils, does this mean it will self destruct if I use a Seagull? Also I'm not
crazy about the plastic rudder housing, I guess I could make a wood one. I
bought my first sailing dingy about 40 years ago, I loved it. Several years
ago I lashed my sons El Toro on top of my old Pinto and headed for Richmond.
My plan was to sail out into S.F. Bay and over to red Rock to explore the
caves there. Well I got into the Bay and the wind died, and all I had was a
ping pong paddle. And then a real horrible thing happened, I ran out of beer.
I also had to use the head (In an El Toro?) I used the daggerboard well, then
bounced it up and down to flush it. I never did get to my Island, but I got a
lot more respect for my comfortable Potter. Jerry Barrilleaux Sunshine
& Breezy