Unidentified subject!

From: Bill and Linda Farris (eaglesv@mwt.net)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 00:13:16 PST

A question for the readers...

This past August I purchased a used Potter 15. My wife and two children enjoy the sailing as much as I. Since then I have been doing as much reading as possible about Potters and have learned a lot from the folks here on this news letter. I do have a question that someone may be able to answer. The Potter 15 is advertised as unsinkable and is shown afloat with holes drilled through the hull. Why then is there so much discussion about adding additional flotation to them in the form of foam, inner tubes and air bags. Why is the additional floatation needed? There must be something I am missing here.

Thanks in advance for your advice and comments.

Bill and Linda Farris
Freezing in Wisconsin
Potter 15 # 1186