Re: Unidentified subject! - flotation

From: Bill Blohm (bblohm@hpbs1686.boi.hp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 16:58:37 PST

Jim, what about fitting the self-inflating mechanism of
a life raft that triggers when it's dumped in water to
one of these bags?That way, they could be under the cockpit
but not inflated until required. Of course, if you don't
care about using that area for storage, then that could be
just kept full of air.

Or, perhaps it might be possible to slit the end of these
and add a flap to it, along with a filler tube. That way,
you could store stuff inside the bag, and still seal and
blow it up. Similar to the fore and aft bags in larger
white-water kayaks. I have a set of these in mine. Fold
over the flap, roll it up, then buckle or use twist snaps
with another flap to keep it rolled up and sealed. Open
valve and inflate, close valve.

That actually makes more sense than my original sellf-
inflating life raft idea. *G* And gets it where it's
needed, without the loss of the storage area.

Bill B.
P-19 #454, "Dream Catcher"
Nampa, ID