Re: Plugging the Mast

From: Dave & Francesca Kautz (dfkautz@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 21:45:09 PST

I did stuff the black "water pipe" foam into the top section of the
Tilly Lucy's mast (above where the shrouds attach) but, if my
calculations are correct, it only provides about 4 1/2 lbs. of
flotation. The volume inside the skinny little mast of the P-15 just
isn't very large.

I talked to a fellow who told me he used to tie several empty milk jugs
to the top of his mast for flotation. I think I might have trouble with
the aesthetics of that myself. Lots cheaper than the $64 Hobie part
though.....

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632, Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA