Re: Fw: Gasoline shelf life

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 18:01:10 PST

I used to think my old Seagull was unreliable because it would sometimes
quit unexpectedly, but I found that the unreliability was due to my habit
of using fuel-oil mix that I had stored for too long. Burn the old stuff in
your car and make a fresh batch for your outboard. The problem is likely
more severe in an old Seagull because it uses a 10:1 fuel/oil mix.

I have heard that a fuel stabilizer will enable storing the fuel longer,
but I haven't tried it.

Harry Gordon
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA